Thursday, December 20, 2012

snickerdoodle bread


Every Christmas I make a little goodie for Matt's co-workers.  Two years ago I made homemade salsa and last year I made mini loaves pumpkin bread with cranberries added to them.  This year I decided to use a new recipe that my SIL shared with me on Pinterest.  It is so yummy!!
Original recipe found here.

You will need......

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips

Topping:
3 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONs
  1. Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
  2. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
  3. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
  4. Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
  5. Spoon batter into 5-6 mini loaf pans until about 2/3 full.
  6. Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
  7. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.I ended up making 30 loaves of this bread, because I also made some for Pearson's MDO teachers, his MOPS teachers, and some friends of ours. For Matt's co-workers, I wrapped them up in clear celephan and tied them up with red curly ribbon, then I attached some of my cute little Becky Higgins extra Christmas cards I created!!  Sadly I didn't get any pictures of them all decorated.  They were so cute though!!  Matt said the bread and the pictures were a big hit at work so I was a happy girl!!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Thanks!!! I have a bag of cinnamon chips I've been wanting to use!!

Barbara Bakes said...

Love the picture of all the loaves. Your house must have smelled fantastic. So glad you like my Snickerdoodle bread recipe. It's one of our favorites.